Actually, sitting in class as I post this... I've been trying to come up with a notion to use as a project idea and what I came up with is a project that I've been wanting to do for a while. This popped into my head last night as a class project idea: A service organization that I work with (my fraternity) will be celebrating its 100th year of existence November of 2011. My thoughts are to facilitate a project called "100 Years of Service." The idea is to contact as many chapters of the organization to initiate, carry-out, log (pictures, audio, video, etc.), and share at least 100 hours of service initiatives completed between the date of the start of the project and the date of 100th year celebration, creating a hub for these to be presented to the world on the internet (something like a huge digital scrapbook). The culmination of the project would be a mass service initiative to take place in the setting of the international 100th year celebration and a presentation to the international administration to be noted as a part of organization history.
It's just a thought in my head now. There will be more to come as I continue to think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
criteria for valid hours would be given, including having the sponsoring chapter for the service effort getting a verification statement form the partnering authorities or stakeholders
Post a Comment